Great creative opportunities for Visual Designers at a top consultancy. Roles range from Seniors to Leads between $110K to $150K.
You'll likely have a background in major Branding Agency or Ad Agency exp. Love ideating and bringing those concepts to life in unique ways across presentations and digital products in an integrated show. You will have had a minimum of 3 years in a UI/UX focused HCD role either agency or client-side with a folio that reflects it. Ability to create visual assets across digital products. Motion, animation and illustration skills a plus. Great variety working alongside the best talent around.
Visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Our designers identify user needs, interpret client challenges, and develop concepts that unify our products and services. Visual designers work collaboratively with UX and Content Design teams, absorbing the project's needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client's brand in an engaging way. As a Visual Designer, you'll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline.
- Consistently push ourselves toward groundbreaking design thinking.
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design.
As a Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice.
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback.
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries.
- Partner with design, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives.
- Design (and begin to direct others to design) mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards. May also contribute content to decks.
- Gather deliverables into client-ready presentations.
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints.
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conference.
Working together, we will:
- Unite and inspire designers, creating world-class work.
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond.
- Collaborate on products and services that build the business and change the way our clients think about design.
Set yourself apart:
- Advanced command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Advanced digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences.
- Advanced understanding of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile.
- Advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead.
- Ability to speak comfortably and professionally in client presentations.
- 7+ years of design experience, 2+ years in a senior role at a digital agency (graduate-level study may count toward 1-2 years of professional experience).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design.
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.