I have an exciting new opportunity for a highly experienced DevOps Engineer to lead, maintain and develop the cloud based infrastructure for our clients systems.
What you'll do
· Build, maintain and manage cloud-based infrastructure for systems.
· Work with development teams to plan and implement monitoring of systems to ensure reliability.
· Work with development teams to improve the continuous delivery process through automation and optimisation.
· Perform ongoing capacity monitoring and planning.
· Perform regular security monitoring, system upgrades and configuration management.
· Build, update and improve system configuration scripts in Ansible or other suitable tools.
· Coach development teams on the benefits of DevOps practices.
· Work with key stakeholders within the company to scale out infrastructure as required for high volume processing periods.
Understand the PCI DSS requirements for the system infrastructure and partake in the annual audit and quarterly reviews with our clients PCI Assessor.
Manage DevOps tooling such as Bitbucket and Buildkite.
Participate in the on-call rotation for critical system support - on-call allowances and overtime are provided for this requirement.
Discussion, planning and scoping of new system requirements with other developers, management, and when necessary partners and/or clients. Documentation of new and existing functionality, processes and systems where required. This may also include updating of existing documentation.
Participate in ongoing professional development to ensure requirements for security principles are met.
Who you are
· You enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
· You can communicate effectively to colleagues across the business regardless of their role.
· You have a strong sense of responsibility for your work and enjoy taking ownership.
· You are data-driven and user-focused in your decision making.
· You thrive in a culture that has a focus on continuous learning and improvement.
· You understand the DevOps philosophy and the role it plays in an innovative, efficient organisation.
· You ideally have a working knowledge of Ruby.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please get in contact with me ASAP and we can discuss this opportunity further. firstname.lastname@example.org / 02 8293 5000
Salt is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.